事情弄得好像他们是主人我反而是客人似的。(我是主人,他们喧宾夺主。)
The manager is very disappointed with their performance.It's not as if they were new hands.
经理对他们的表现很不满意,他们又不是新手。(如是新手尚 可原谅。)
8.We've been through all(链接)
this before.这些事我们已讨论过了!
We have discussed/talked about all this before;
We've tried to find out why some of our friends have been invited.
9.And I may never have worked with Scotty,but I did meet him once,and he danced with me at a party.
我确实从来没有和斯格蒂共过事,不过我和他有一面之交,在一次聚会上他还与我跳过舞。
1)这里may用来表示承认某件事情是事实,接着but介绍与此相左的事实或论点,又如:
He may be very tall,but not necessarily a good basketball player.他个子很高,但未必是一个好的篮球选手。
He may be a good teacher,but not necessarily a good headmaster.他是一个好老师,但未必就是一个好校长。
I may have never been without a job,but I do understand how laid-off workers feel.
我确实是从来没有失过业,但是我能理解下岗工人们的心情。
Cooking may be boring,but it can be a delightful thing to do at times.
做饭是件乏味的事,不过有时候也可以成为一件愉快的事。
Some students may think the training a waste of time,but later they'll find it very useful.
有一些学生认为这种训练是浪费时间,不过以后他们会发现很有用。
2)did表示强调
10.He was very nice to me,too,and said some very complimentary things.他对我很客气,还说了些赞扬我的话。
1)be very nice to对……很客气
2)complimentary things赞扬的话