21.The part was very young,practically an infant.那个角色年龄很小,实际上是个婴儿。Practically(speaking) 实际上,从实际来讲
Practically,you are fit for teaching not fit for administrating.
从实际来讲,你适合教学工作而不适合管理工作。
22.Just the same I'll bet Mark's thirty.再小也一样,我敢肯定马克有30岁了。(角色的年龄再小,也改变不了我的看法,我仍然认为他实际年龄大些。)
all/just the same:in spite of this仍然,依然,照样,又如:
He may have done some stupid things,but we respect him just the same.
他做过蠢事这不假,但我们照样尊敬他。
We didn't understand the jokes,but laughed with all others all the same.
那些笑话我们根本不懂,我们还是照样和大家一起放声大笑。
23.(A little shocked.)She's not giving a party!(感到惊讶)她不是在搞什么聚会吧!(兰蒂觉得紧接着葬礼之后,桑德拉就搞这种社交性的聚会很不妥当。)
此句是一个用陈述句的形式表达的疑问句(这里既可用惊叹号“!”也可用问号“?”也可用“?!”)用来落实说话人所说的事实或情况是否嘱实,如说话人觉得会得到肯定的回答,就用肯定句,反之就用否定句,又如:
——You don't mean you're leaving for good?
你不是一去不复返吧?
——Of course not.I surely will return after the job is done.
当然不是,工作一完我就回来。
——You admitted having cheated in examinations?
你承认考试作弊了?
——Yes.
是的。
24.No.She just invited some friends to come in afterwards to have a few drinks and talk about what a great guy Scotty was,and everything.
不是社交聚会。她只不过邀请了几个朋友在事完之后来喝点饮料,一起聊聊斯格蒂那些了不起的事迹,还有别的什么等等。
1)have a few drinks喝点饮料/酒
2)and everything:其他等等,又如:
They talk about their work,dreams and everything.
他们俩常在一起谈论各自的工作、梦想以及其他事情。
She calls her parents every evening to see how they are and everything.
她每天晚上给父母打电话,问问他们怎么样以及其他等等
25.After all,Scotty Woodrow was practically a landmark,or something.Think of it.He's been a star for forty years.
斯格蒂?伍德罗实际上是个里程碑式的人物。想想看,他的明星地位竟保持了40年。
1)after all:毕竟(通常用于句首,导出原因,)又如:
How can we expect Jim to do so much? After all he's only 15.
我们怎么能要求吉姆做那么多的事?他毕竟只有15岁。
I thought you might find what's wrong with the PC.After all you've worked with Legend.
我还以为你能查出这台微机的赞美,你毕竟还在联想集团干过。
2)(come to ) think of it:真的,想想看,想起来了(用来表示突然回忆起或记起一件事),又如:
Come to think of it,we haven't seen Jack for twenty years.
真的,我们有20年没有见到杰克了。
Think of it,I've never been to the Great Wall even after living in Beijing for three years.
真的,我在北京住了3年居然没有去过长城。
Come to think of it,he did say that he wasn't coming back for supper.