利。)
same here:(口语)这话对我也适用;我也这么认为;我也是如此,又如:
——This is my first visit to China.
这是我第一次到中国来。
——Same here.
我也是第一次。
——I think that film is awful.
我觉得
那部电影糟透了。
——Same here.
我也这么认为。
——I'm very disappointed with the result of the football match.
我对这场足球赛的结果感到非常失望。
——Same here.
我也是。
35.Just a slight case so you could tell them with a straight face……—(We'll make ourselves really ill,just slightly of course.Then we wouldn't feel guilty when we tell them so.)仅是轻微的食物中毒,这样你就可以理直气壮地告诉他们。(即你不是撒谎,而是真的有病。)
(keep/with)a straight face:with a serious expression;not laughing or smiling,although you find sth.funny 板着面孔,不露笑容,
How Henry managed to keep a straight face,I'll never know.
亨利怎么能一本正经地板着面孔,我永远也不会明白。
36.There is a slight air of superiority about her now.Randy and Carole look at her with sudden surprise.( Now she gives the impression of feeling somewhat important.)她稍微流露出一种优越感,兰蒂和卡罗突然感到惊讶。
air:the particular feeling or impression that is given by印象,感觉
There is an air of confidence about her.
她给人一种自信的印象。
There is an air of mystery about the drugstore.
这家药房给人一种神秘感。
Their bedroom has an air of luxury.
他们卧室的布置给人一种豪华的印象。
37.My mother worked for him when he was starting out in the business.他刚开始演电影时我母亲给他干活。
start out:开始从事工作,开始立业,又如:
Andrew Carnegie started out as a bobbin boy in a cotton factory.
安德鲁?卡耐基开始工作时是在一家棉纺厂当线轴工。
Mark Twain started out working on a boat sailing up and down the Mississippi.
马克?吐温开始是在航行于密西西比河的一条船上工作。